Ms. Villegas has recently been accepted at Chief, a private membership network for women executive leaders. This exclusive platform is a space for the most powerful women in leadership to connect with Fortune 50 companies to start-ups to find innovative solutions for global issues. As the Former Heifer International Senior Vice President, Gretchen Villegas brings years of internationally based business and program development expertise to Horizon.
· How to create meaningful success measures for your organization or business
· How to empower employees and volunteers
· How to Horizon help orphans thrive
· What the US system can learn from Ms. Villages' vision for the future care of orphans, vulnerable children, and at-risk youth
· How Horizon: Empower the Orphaned implements different practices and strategies from peer organizations
Horizon: Empower the Orphaned is an international not-for-profit organization working to dramatically transform how orphaned and vulnerable children are cared for through proven programs in child empowerment and impact investing. With corporate leadership based in the United States and Canada, the organization includes more than one hundred field staff across Kenya and Latin America. "Horizon's bold, innovative model to build up local economic systems to care for orphaned children, vulnerable children, and at-risk youth creates a solution for a severe need in marginalized communities – ones that I have seen first-hand," Ms. Villegas says. "I am truly blessed to be given the opportunity to join such an amazing group of founders, supporters, and staff committed to reaching more children in the most impactful way through significant programming, investment capital, and partnerships."